Hi guys hope you have had a wonderful week. My week has been pretty good, did some guest blogging for www.Folasoasis.com check out the article and generally had a productive week with high energy levels without caffeine (try to break my caffeine addiction) yay!
Anyways folks I have a wonderful Friday treat for you, Fola is an age defying beauty of a blogger(www.folasoasis.com), she is a wonderful friend and after a lot of bribery(kidding) she agreed to share some of her best anti ageing tips us with us.
But first can you guess her age? Answer at the end of the article
Yes, these celebrities can afford high-end laser treatments and facials that make them look so young and vibrant. However, when we look closely at their lives, these women also adopt lifestyle practices and commit to it. We may not be able to afford caviar facials and laser rejuvenation treatments, but we can achieve the same results by simply making some changes, paying attention to neglected areas, and being consistent! And if you are reading this and are between 20 and 40, lucky you, because when you start off early, you get even better results!
So here are my 6 anti-aging tricks for 20 and 30 –somethings. I came up with an acronym for these points: “Triple-E SPF”. Sounds like a sunscreen brand right? Well that’s just as well because then you would find it easier to remember each tip!
1. Eat right and exerciseThere’s no way round this, sadly. It is so cliché and all that, but really, we will age faster if we do not eat right and exercise. What you need to do is to make it fun for you. Don’t see it as a chore. Do research on tasty recipes that are healthy, follow blogs that showcase these recipes. Get active, download zumba videos or go for zumba or pilates classes. Diversify your work out routines as much as possible. Just get active! It is the most obviously effective and most demanding beauty secret, as it takes consistency and commitment, but you really see results!
2. Eye creamThe most obvious part of the face that shows signs of aging are the eyes. Even if you have great skin, if your eyes look baggy, lined or tired, you will look older. The notion that eye cream should only be used by those in their 40s is not true. Yes, some ladies are luckier than others. However it’s best to not take chances. I made the mistake of not using eye cream years earlier, and my eyes sort of look like there’s loose skin around the lower eye area. I have started using a firming eye cream, but I realize I should have started using this a few years ago. Ladies should begin using eye creams from age 25. Eye creams are pricey, but they are worth the investment.
3. ExfoliationThe secret to glowing, smooth skin? Exfoliation. For younger women, you can begin adopting a weekly regime for exfoliation. Exfoliation is what gets rid of dead skin cells so that new ones can come to the surface. As we age, the rate at which the dead skin cells fall off slows down. There are 2 kinds of exfoliation: Mechanical and chemical. Facial scrubs with granules that slough off dead skin cells fall under the mechanical category. It is usually better to go for those that have tiny granules, because bigger granules tend to be quite harsh. Chemical exfoliation involves soaps or creams or peels that have things like glycolic acid, lactic acid and retinol. Exfoliation needs to be done, though not too often. Weekly exfoliation, or 3 times a week is sufficient.
4. SunscreenI am so sure you have read about this many times-how sun damage is a major cause of premature skin aging. Well, the earlier we start using sunscreen the better. SPF 30 is the minimum for outdoors. For those who live in the tropics, it isn’t fun wearing sunscreen because of the melting heat. It is best to avoid the sun as much as possible, and have a tube of sunscreen, sunglasses, and a scarf in your bag always. Also go for makeup powder or foundation that has got some SPF in it.
5. Power foodsPower foods are what I call the “cheat foods” as they are packed full of great stuff! Green tea, blueberries, lemons, avocadoes, leafy green veggies and garden eggs are good examples of power foods. They are very rich in antioxidants that help to slow down the aging process. You would do yourself a lot of good if you eat a lot of these power foods. I recently was gifted a green tea with lemon tea blend and I love that combination. Yes, green tea is an acquired taste, but it is worth it. You could also add some natural honey to your cuppa if you like!
6. Facial massageThis one was a recent discovery I made, but I think it is worth giving a try. Facial massages are quick and allegedly effective when done properly. It basically gets the lymphatic drainage flowing properly, and also tightens up loose muscles so you look younger over time. Click here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3VUi3wqWw&list=FLnigyU6_1t1R7IcI9u7sffA&index=14) to see how it is done.
Hey guys hope you found these tips helpful. Do you have any age defying secrets you or your mother/grandmother swear by, well sharing is caring so please leave a comment below and let Fola and I know.
So Fola's age what did you guess? Well her real age is the ages she looks plus 10!! Yes 10 she really is age defying.