So I was experimenting in the kitchen today and came up this amazing and delicious dressing.
I also discovered that sunflower seeds get all thick and creamy when whizzed and is a great replacement for vegan mayo or other vegan creamy condiments.
Anyways back to the dressing, you probably already have 90% of the ingredients and if you don’t they are very easy to find in your grocery store. This dressing initially started as a kale salad dressing made with all the ingredients from my favourite Kale chips then I realised it goes with almost everything.
Speaking of Kale chips you can mix this dressing on some fresh Kale, bake at 150 c for 20mins and hello delicious crunchy kale chips.
Here is how to make the dressing.
- 50g-70g Sunflower seeds- The more sunflower seeds you use the creamier your dressing will be.
- Juice of one lemon or 2 tablespoons
- 25g or 5 pitted dates or dried raisins
- ¼ teaspoon of salt( you can add more according to your taste).
- 1 Clove of garlic
- ¼ of a medium onion or 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 100-150ml of water- Depending on how thick you want it.
- Optional ingredient- ¼ teaspoon of Xanthan gum (It is 100% vegan, natural, it thickens and helps the mixture not separate). To find out more about it check out this article.
Put all ingredients in a blender and whizzzzzzzz till it is thick and creamy and voila!! Delicious, healthy, creamy dressing
You can Stir it into Pasta, Kale, Spinach ,Ceasar Salad or Steamed Veggies. OR use it as a dip for carrots, celery or bell peppers