Hey guys, hope you had a great week and a yummy Thanksgiving, I have had a pretty good week and I am excited about sharing one of my favourite dinners with you.
I have recently taken a huge liking to Courgettes/Zucchini to the point where I eat them everyday, I am even planning on growing them in my garden next year(can't wait). I love how versatile they are and how they can take on many shapes and flavours.
I tried making some egg fried
rice with them and they came out great and the courgette and carrot salad that was a total hit in the summer. I am still experimenting and looking forward to sharing some tasty creations with you.
|Carrot and Courgette salad|
Today's recipe is so simple you can do it in your sleep. It takes about 5-7minutes, looks impressive, tastes delicious, it is super healthy and low in carbs and calories if you are watching the 'lbs' or trying to make room for the Christmas festive eating ;).
Anyways enough yappity yap lets get on it.
Here is what you will need.
- 1 Medium or Large courgette shredded with a Julienne peeler or spiralizer. If you don't have them you can make ribbon slices with a potato peeler.
Julienne sliced courgettes Spralizer in action Ribbon sliced with a potato peeler
- 1/2 Stock cube
- Pinch of salt
- Salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon Tomato puree
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Onions (optional)
- Chilli powder(optional)
Here is how to put it together.
- Stir fry the courgette and onions in very hot wok for 1minute.
- Add the stock cube, salt and tomato puree and stir fry for another minute and its done! Courgettes get soggy very quickly so try to keep the stir frying to around 1-2minutes.
- Sear the salmon fillet in a hot pan with some lemon juice, salt and chilli for around 2 minutes, turning it regularly.
- Plate the meal and serve, of course after taking a few Instagram photos :) Boom!
Hope your enjoyed this super fast and easy recipe. I love hearing from you, how do you prepare courgettes, would love to try some of your tried and tested recipes.
Have a great weekend