I generally eat a low sugar diet as it is what my body loves and responds to and whenever I fancy a treat I'll usually grab an atkins bar. I recently had a week off treats and when I had an Atkins bar afterwards I noticed the artificial taste, flavours and that it increased my craving for more sweets. I also read the contents and realised it had more ingredients with names I can't pronounce which is not a good thing.
I decided to try making some sweet treats with a long list of criteria. It has to be...low carb, Chocolatey yummy, Sugar free, Low calorie, Lactose free (I'm lactose intolerant), Gluten free, High in protien, High in fibre, High in Calcium and something my husband would loved (he is soooo picky ;))
Many experiments and disasters later I came up with this amazing coconut chocolate protein truffles and oooh are they yummy.
Here's how to make it...
Makes 25 Balls
70 grams Impact Whey Isolate (Unflavored)
40 grams Medium Desiccated Coconut
10 grams Coconut Flakes
20 grams Xylitol
17.5 grams Sweetener Packet
0.4 grams Salt, Table
10 grams Cocoa, Dry Powder, Unsweetened
50 grams Almond Breeze
- Measure out your dry ingredients.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut and set aside
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- Mix till it becomes mouldable, don't be tempted to add more milk.
- Roll into little balls
- Coat balls in coconut powder ( The one you set aside)
- Allow to set in freezer for 30 minutes
ALL DONE! Easy isn't it?